Tanager Place was founded in 1879 by a group of volunteers who saw a need in our community to help at-risk children and struggling families. Throughout our history, the volunteer support of individuals like you has been the cornerstone of our success.
How you can help:
- Study Buddy: help kids with school work and study skills
- Group activities: organize special interest activities like scrapbooking, arts and crafts, a running club, and photography
- Adopt-a-cottage: offer support to the children who live on our campus by sharing special events and activities like birthday parties, holiday parties, ice cream socials, and field trips to sports events, movies, and more
- Service projects: keep our camp and campus looking great by organizing, cleaning, planting trees, weeding, painting, gardening, and other projects
- Clerical work: assist in filing, typing, and other office work
- Special events: volunteer at one of our annual events like Summer Fest, Chili Cook-Off or the Expressive Arts Gala
- Mentor: Children of Promise or PINQ mentoring programs
- In Kind Donations: Help our kids by holding a drive for necessities such as: New or gently-used children’s clothing, hats/mittens, toys, games, recreational items, blankets, toiletries, school supplies, art supplies, holiday gifts, and gift cards.
Every child deserves the best that each of us has to give…Make a difference in the life of a child today!