Hosted by Tanager Place and National Resilience Institute (NRI), we hope you’ll help us celebrate Mental Health Month by attending the Resiliency and Trauma-Informed Care Symposium!
8:15AM – 8:35AM: Opening Remarks; Okpara Rice
8:35AM – 10:30AM Keynote; Heather Forbes, LCSW, author of Beyond Consequences
10:30AM – 10:45AM Break
10:45AM – 12:00PM Breakout Session (4)
- “Make Me!” – Strategies for Challenging Behaviors – Heather Forbes
- Creating Safe Spaces through Mindfulness – Abby Seyfer
- Building Resilience through Trauma Informed Clinical Practices with children – Lindsey Swales
- Compassion Resilience – Jennifer Null
12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch
1:00PM – 1:50PM Keynote; Mollie Marti, President & CEO of National Resilience Institute
2:00PM – 3:15PM Breakout Session (5)
- Poverty and its Effects on the Brain & Learning – Brian Christoffersen
- Building Resilient Students, Teachers, and Schools Through PBIS: Making Connections Between the ARCH Model of Resiliency and Effective Classroom Practices – Laura Medberry & Holly Becker
- Trauma and the Brain: Looking for the links between attachment, trauma
and the brain and possible solutions – Dr. Randall Lyle
- Building resilience through authentic relationships – Maggie Hartzler
- Trauma Informed Crisis Response – Sarah Nelson-Miller
3:15PM – 3:30 PM Break
3:30PM – 4:45PM Breakout Session (5)
- Designing my Resilience Path – Kristi Cooper
- Trauma & Resilience—The Latino Immigrant Experience – Lily Liggins
- It Starts With Me – Jennifer McDonnell
- Creating trauma informed schools: a leadership perspective – Autumn Pino
- Trauma and the Benefits of Music Therapy – Amber Cook
For full descriptions of breakout sessions, click here.
Reserve your seat now!
Thank you to our sponsor, The Brimmer Foundation for helping make this event possible!