#GivingTuesday with Tanager Place
Can you believe Thanksgiving is just three days away? Thanksgiving is a day where we express our gratitude for our friends, family and all of our good fortune over the last year. All of us here at Tanager Place are thankful for our donors (large and small), volunteers, staff members and community advocates. Without all of you, we would not be able to do what we do for our kids and their families every day. We thank you for you!
The upcoming week is a very exciting time for everyone! Thanksgiving leads into Black Friday, Cyber Monday and #GivingTuesday. “Giving Tuesday?” you say. Yes… #GivingTuesday. It is a global movement that has been dedicated to giving in the spirit of Thanksgiving. On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 charities, families, businesses, community centers and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give.
- $50 purchases school supplies for one child
- $125 purchases toiletries and personal items for a child for one year
- $250 purchases therapy materials and supplies for one cottage each year
- $500 provides the nursing department with necessary medical supplies for one month.
- $1,000 provides yearly recreation activities for 5 children
To learn more about #GivingTuesday, click here and watch the video below.