One facet of Tanager Place’s three-pronged approach to children’s and adolescent mental and behavioral health includes a focus on treatment options.
Tanager Place Mental Health Clinic is committed to providing mental and behavioral health care to children and adolescents, while also providing the needed support for each child’s family and/or immediate support network.
The Clinic focuses on increasing quality of life through traditional and innovative therapeutic services.
Our highly qualified and licensed practitioners collaborate with each patient in order to create an individualized treatment plan and person centered goals.
Fully accredited by the State of Iowa and the Council on Accreditation, Tanager Place Mental Health Clinic prides itself on providing the highest quality of care treating a comprehensive range of issues including:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attachment Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Building Relationships
- Childhood Trauma
- Chronic Illness
- Communication Issues
- Developmental Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Health Related Behavioral Issues
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Parenting Skills
- Sexual Abuse
- Substance & Alcohol Issues
Our clinicians collaborate with each patient and their family in order to create an individualized treatment plan and person centered goals.
Many families struggle with deciding when it is time to reach out for help. If your child exhibits one or more of the following behaviors it may be time to consider professional assistance:
- Your child frequently defies authority and breaks rules.
- Your child lacks the ability to properly communicate with others.
- Your child receives exceptionally poor grades, or his/her academic performance is deteriorating quickly.
- Your child lacks relationship-building skills with peers and authority figures.
- Your child takes risks that endanger his/her personal well being.
- Your child has low self-esteem.
- Your child’s normal habits suddenly change.
If you believe your child’s mental or behavioral health requires professional treatment or diagnosis, Tanager Place is here to help.
To contact the Mental Health Clinic, call 319-286-4545 or you may also visit our Admissions page.
Tanager Place offers additional care through our Pediatric Integrated Health (PIH) services for families with Medicaid eligible children who have a psychiatric diagnosis.
To learn more about this free service, visit Pediatric Integrated Health.