In this workshop, you will learn how to incorporate mindfulness into the playroom in order to create a safe, calm space for clients. Focus of the session will also be on self-care for clinicians and how to utilize mindfulness in order to be more present with clients. We will explore:
- The positive effects of mindfulness on the brain/physiologically within the body.
- Explore different ways to be more mindful both in our practice and every-day life.
- How to invite children into mindfulness practice with us in the playroom.
- Explore and practice various mindfulness techniques that are uniquely tailored to children and families.
- Understand the history of mindfulness in play therapy.
- Explore the positive impact it can have on physical, social, and spiritual health for self and the client in the context of play therapy.
- Explore and practice different mindfulness techniques to utilize for self and clients in play therapy.
- Develop and practice a unique mindfulness plan to utilize moving forward in your own play therapy practice.