This training is designed for play therapists that have had prior learning and application experience with the use of sand tray in play therapy. This training will be highly experiential and focused on building competencies for effective use of sand tray interventions to achieve play therapy treatment plan goals. Participants will practice developing sand tray interventions for clients within different phases of play therapy treatment based on seminal theories. Participants will increase knowledge and application competencies of both directive and non-directive sand tray interventions as well as facilitating sand tray intervention during relational or family play therapy sessions. Participants will learn creative and flexible ways to engage and support clients using sand tray interventions while still remaining intentional to treatment plan goals. We will also briefly review the basics of using sand tray interventions and explore ways to overcome common barriers.
- Participants will discuss how to engage play therapy clients in the use of sand tray play therapy Interventions to achieve treatment plan goals
- Participants will learn and practice the ability to create sand tray play therapy interventions for different theoretical phases of treatment
- Participants will demonstrate the use of sand tray play therapy within the context of relational or family play therapy
- Participants will demonstrate the use of directive interventions of sand tray play therapy
- Participants will demonstrate the use of non-directive interventions of sand tray play therapy
- Participants will demonstrate the use of being present and attuned throughout sand tray play therapy sessions.
APT Approved Provider 16-457