This training is designed for a new therapist or a therapist who would like to be refreshed in learning about play therapy techniques and interventions.
We will cover a basic history and theoretical concepts specific to both directive and non-directive play therapy. Participants will be introduced to toys and materials needed to set up a play therapy room in addition to setting up a portable play therapy kit for traveling play therapists. Participants will also learn basic interventions such as restating content, reflecting feelings and paraphrasing. Participants will gain an understanding of how to work with various populations and how to utilize play therapy in individual, family and group settings.
- Discuss both directive and non-directive play therapy
- Identify materials needed to set up a play therapy room or assemble a traveling kit
- Apply play therapy interventions such as restating content, paraphrasing, and reflecting feelings
- Apply play therapy techniques to various populations
- Apply play therapy techniques in individual, family, and group settings