Website Tanager Place
BEHAVIORIAL HEALTH INTERVENTION SERVICES (BHIS)
Our Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) help children who find it difficult to manage their behaviors and need encouragement with:
- Social skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Coping skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Anger management skills
Caseworkers understand a child’s social, emotional and behavioral challenges and provide skill-building interventions that teach the child how to manage their actions. We work closely with clients in their home or in a child’s school or daycare to assess their needs and create customized treatment programs.
Linn County and surrounding areas.
Office hours are based out of Cedar Rapids. Please call for more information.
As a Caseworker at Tanager Place, you will:
- Treat all individuals with respect and maintain standards of confidentiality, professionalism, and objectivity.
- Assist children and families in meeting the goals they set by growing their skills in the above areas.
- Ensure safe, legal transportation for self and others.
- Meet at times and places convenient and appropriate to client needs and be accessible by phone.
- Effectively assess and document client behavior and progress.
- Provide counseling and skills services to assigned clients.
- Consult with client and family to devise and implement an effective treatment/remedial plan, including goals, objectives, and interventions.
- Respond by phone to crisis situations that present significant risks to safety, permanency or well-being of children within two hours.
- Act as a positive emissary of Tanager Place and promote a positive image of Tanager Place at all times. Have an understanding and demonstrate consumer service concepts and initiatives.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field with a minimum of one year of relevant post-degree experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field with two years of relevant post-degree experience, or a Master’s degree in social work or a related field. All candidates are required to pass a background check.
Compensation will be based on experience and agency schedule.
A Tanager Place application is required to be considered for employment. Please click Apply Now to complete.
To apply for this job please visit www.tanagerplace.org.