Website Tanager Place
Join our expanding team as an
OVERNIGHT YOUTH SERVICE WORKER
- Provide therapeutic services to clients and their families in the residential cottage milieu setting
- Provide direct care and supervision for clients, assist children in developing social skills, problem solving skills, and guidance in daily routines and learning life skills
- Provide counseling services for clients and monitor implementation of treatment plans
- Provide situational and crisis intervention to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment for clients and families
- Effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with clients and families, and program team
- Serve as an adult role for clients treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Must be at least 18 years of age, possess a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services related field is preferred
- Prior experience working with children in a mental health setting preferred
- Strong communication and problem solving skills required
- Basic computer skills required
- Candidates must be able to pass required background checks
- Valid Driver’s License (must be 21 years old to drive agency vehicles)
- Overnight 11:00 pm – 8:00 am (includes some weekends and holidays)
- Shift differential for overnight roles and weekends
- Full-time and part-time opportunities available
Tanager Place offers a comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, a competitive salary, on the job training, growth and development opportunities, tuition assistance and a World Class Culture!
Sign-on bonus available!
About Tanager Place:
It is our mission to successfully serve children and families in our communities. We deliver comprehensive services with quality outcomes. Our teams practice trauma informed care and pride themselves on improving the lives of clients and families we serve.
Tanager Place has two residential service programs; Psychiatric Inpatient Medical Institute for Children (PMIC) and our Intermediate Care Facility for Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID). Our PMIC programs are designed for children who struggle with behavioral problems and/or emotional problems. Our ICF/ID programming is designed for children who have cognitive, developmental and behavior challenges. Both programs are located on our main campus in Cedar Rapids.
An application for employment consideration is required.
To apply for this job please visit www.tanagerplace.org.