Since 1879 we’ve counted on the dedication of individuals like you to help us achieve our mission. Make a difference right here in your community—volunteer your time, your talents and your love to help children build a brighter future.
Your Dedication Is Our Strength
Your support makes an impact.
In the past year, 489 volunteers have shared their time and $114,667 of monetary impact.
- Study Buddy: help our inpatient kiddos with school work and study skills
- Mentor: support and guide youth in our Children of Promise or LGBTQ Center with one on one companionship and facilitated group activities
- Group activities: organize special interest activities like scrap booking, arts and crafts, a running club, and photography; volunteer for one of our many year-round camp opportunities
- Adopt-a-cottage: offer support to the children who live on our campus by sharing special events and activities like birthday parties, holiday parties, and special events
- Service projects: keep our camp and campus looking great by organizing, cleaning, planting trees, weeding, painting, gardening, and other projects
- Clerical/Receptionist: assist in data entry, filing, and other office work; greet clients and families
- Special events: volunteer at one of our annual events like Summer Fest, Ales & Tails, Chili Cook-Off or the Expressive Arts Gala
- Social media ambassador: like, follow us on Facebook…and share
- In Kind Donations: help our kids by holding a drive for necessities such as: New or gently-used children’s clothing, hats/mittens, toys, games, recreational items, blankets, toiletries, school supplies, art supplies, holiday gifts, and camp items
- Administrative Aid to Director of Philanthropy: Support to Major Gifts and Planned Giving office. Activities include: Researching prospective donors, updating marketing materials, database and reporting, other admin. Location: Main Campus, 2309 C Street SW
- Clerical: Several opportunities available including front desk reception, data entry, scanning paperwork, making copies and intake packets. Flexible hours. Locations: Estle Center, 1030 5th Ave; and Main Campus, 2309 C Street SW
Thank you for your interest in Tanager Place. Please follow the steps below to begin volunteering.
We’ll review your application, and contact you to set up an interview to learn about your skills, interests, availability, and to determine the best fit for you.
If volunteering at Tanager Place is a great fit for you, we’ll have you complete an orientation to learn more about Tanager Place and the vital role of volunteers as part of the Tanager Team. After that you’ll meet your supervisor, who will train you on your specific position and be your go-to person while volunteering.
In line with your position and the schedule you work out with your supervisor, you’ll start making a difference in the lives of children and families in our community!
Our gratitude to the following groups and businesses who have gone above and beyond this past year:
- AmeriCorps NCCC
- General Mills
- Linn County Master Gardeners
- Raining Rose
- Rockwell Collins
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church
- Thompson & Co Salon
- WOW1Day Painting